Apple cider vinegar really helps to detox THC from your system. Many studies are confirming that vinegar helps to burn more fat.
Burning fat is essential for marijuana detoxification as marijuana metabolites are stored in body fat for a long time.
We will explain how exactly apple cider vinegar helps clean your system from THC and provide step-by-step instructions on using it.
How to use apple cider vinegar to detox from THC
Here are the instructions that scientific studies proved to work in 2009
- Take two tablespoons (30ml) of apple cider vinegar daily.
- Take 300 mg of St. John’s Wort extract three times daily. It will improve the metabolism of marijuana in the liver.
- Avoid any alcohol
You can make variations to this basic recipe as per your taste or weight loss preferences. For instance, some people add a little lemon juice to the mix; others add a bit of cayenne pepper.
The general rule is to consume this drink regularly for a fixed period; this could mean several days, a month, or even more.
It is best to spread this out into 2–3 doses throughout the day, and it may be best to drink it before meals.
Need a Fast and Reliable Solution for THC Detox?
These THC Detox kits are equally effective. Each is targeted at a different time frame
Taking more than this isn’t recommended because of potentially harmful effects at higher dosages. It’s also best to start with one teaspoon to see how you tolerate it.
Do not take more than one tablespoon (15 ml) at a time because taking too much may cause nausea.
Always mix vinegar with water, as undiluted vinegar may burn the inside of your mouth and esophagus.
It is essential to say that you should follow a healthy diet plan and exercise regime for this method to work.
Apple cider vinegar will only improve the fat loss and detoxification process.
If you will eat fast food and sit on the sofa – apple cider vinegar will not help.
Here is the detailed guide on how to detox from weed: https://vacmr.org/thc-detox/
How apple cider vinegar affect marijuana detox
We explained how our body processes marijuana in detail in this post: The Ultimate Guide to Marijuana Metabolism
There are three ways to improve natural marijuana detoxification:
- improving body fat burning
- improving marijuana metabolism in the liver
- blocking reabsorption during excretion
Apple cider vinegar helps burn more fat.
Here are the proven effects of apple cider vinegar that help to reduce body fat:
- Lowers blood sugar levels: In one rat study, acetic acid improved the liver and muscles’ ability to take up sugar from the blood.
- Decreases insulin levels: In the same rat study, acetic acid also reduced insulin ratio to glucagon, which might favor fat burning.
- Improves metabolism: Another study in rats exposed to acetic acid showed an increase in the enzyme AMPK, which boosts fat burning and decreases fat and sugar production in the liver.
- Reduces fat storage: Treating obese, diabetic rats with acetic acid or acetate protected them from weight gain and increased the expression of genes that reduced belly fat storage and liver fat.
- Burns fat: A study in mice fed a high-fat diet supplemented with acetic acid found a significant increase in the genes responsible for fat burning, which led to less body fat buildup.
Despite that these were animal studies, they show the potential of apple cider vinegar in humans.
There was a big human study that also confirms that ACV can burn body fat.
Japanese scientists looked at the effect of vinegar on body fat mass in obese people.
They randomly divided study participants into three groups, with each group comprises people with similar body weight, body mass index (BMI), and waist circumference (WC).
Throughout the 12 weeks of treatment, each group drank 500 ml of a beverage containing either:
- 15 ml of vinegar (750 mg acetic acid)
- 30 ml of vinegar (1,500 mg acetic acid), or
- 0 ml of vinegar (0 mg acetic acid) every day.
The experiment revealed that body weight and BMI, waist circumference, visceral fat area, and serum triglyceride levels were all significantly lower in both the groups that were given vinegar.
So, the researchers concluded that daily intake of vinegar may help reduce body fat and prevent the diseases caused by obesity such as diabetes and heart disease, etc.
Effects of apple cider vinegar on marijuana metabolism
There are no effects of vinegar on the enzymes responsible for marijuana metabolism. And there are no effects on the THC excretion.
So the only way that ACV helps to detox from marijuana is by improving the fat breakdown and releasing marijuana metabolites into the blood for further excretion.
How much time will it take?
In the experiment described above, people were given a maximum of 30ml of vinegar daily, which is the recommended maximum dosage of ACV.
The changes recorded in their BMI were 27.0 to 26.4, whereas the changes in BMI of the placebo group were 26.9 to 27.0. These changes took place in 12 weeks.
This shows that ACV does help in reducing body fat mass, but its impact is very low – about a 2% change in BMI in 12 weeks.
Dangers of Taking Too Much ACV
Unfortunately, using apple cider vinegar, especially in large doses, can also cause side effects.
Drug InteractionsSome medications, such as insulin, certain diuretics, and heart medications, can interact with ACV and cause adverse symptoms.
|Disturbed Blood Sugar||ACV makes it difficult to control blood sugar levels in people with type 1 diabetes.|
|Osteoporosis||A case report indicated low potassium levels and osteoporosis possibly caused by consuming too much ACV.|
|Delayed Stomach Emptying||ACV can reduce the speed at which the stomach empties food. This can worsen the symptoms of gastroparesis (a disease in which the stomach cannot empty itself normally).|
|Nausea||Taking ACV can help decrease appetite, but can also result in nausea, especially when consumed as part of a bad-tasting beverage.|
|Tooth Damage||The acetic acid in vinegar can weaken dental enamel, causing loss of minerals and tooth damage.|
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar Safely
However, most people can safely consume reasonable amounts of ACV by following these simple guidelines:
- Always start with smaller amounts and gradually increase the dosage to a maximum of 2 tablespoons (30 ml) per day. This will also depend on your tolerance.
- Try drinking the detox solution through a straw to avoid or minimize tooth decay.
- Avoid ACV if you have gastric problems or gastroparesis, or restrict the amount of ACV to 1 teaspoon (5 ml) in water.
- Allergies to ACV are rare; however, immediately discontinue taking it if you experience an adverse reaction.