PACIFIC PUBLIC HEALTH TRAINING CENTER NEWS – SEPTEMBER 2018
1. Childhood injury control Conference in California, September 23-25, 2018
The 16th annual conference on childhood injury control is scheduled for September 23-25, 2018, in Sacramento, California. Topics to be discussed include: Bullying Prevention, Effects of Mass Casualty Trauma on Children, Creating Livable Communities, Funding Sources and Resources, Child Passenger Safety, Legislative Advocacy for Injury Control, Reducing Children’s Exposure to Violence, Youth, Violence and Firearms, Safer School Travel, Drowning Prevention, Adolescent Health and Risk Taking Behaviors, and Injury
Prevention and the Role of Child Death Review Teams. For more information, visit http://www.cippp.org/2018/conf02.htm or call Lea Kendrick at 478-757-5972.
2. Mold and Microbial Related Health Complaints: Assessment Techniques for Health: Loma Linda, California October 17, 2018 Loma Linda University School of Public Health in partnership with the Pacific Public Health Training Center (PPHTC) announces a workshop entitled “Mold and Microbial Related Health Complaints: Assessment Techniques for Health, Safety and Environmental Professionals” on October 17, 2018 between 8.30 am and 4.30 pm. Continuing education units offered for ABIH, BRN, CHES, CME, and CSP apply. For Registration and details of the workshop, visit http://www.llu.edu/llu/sph/envh/workshop.htm
3. Newborn Screening – Saving Lives, Improving Outcomes, September 19, 2018 A free live presentation via satellite and Web cast is organized by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on September 19, 2018, from 2:00 to 4:00 PM ET. Credit will be offered for a variety of professions. Topic: A New Era in Newborn Screening – Saving Lives, Improving Outcomes. For a more detailed course description, objectives, registration, faculty information and other viewing options, please refer to: http://www.phppo.cdc.gov/phtn/Newborn/default.asp
4. Interactive Satellite broadcast on environmental and public health concerns; September 12, 2000: 1.00 – 1.30 PM ET. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is organizing an interactive satellite broadcast that provide useful information to help public health professionals to improve their ability to address environmental and public health concerns. September 12, 2000: 1.00 – 1.30 PM ET. For more information, http://www.phppo.cdc.gov/phtn/envedu/
5. Bioterrorism and Emergency Public Health Preparedness seminar, September 9-13 Seminar organized by the Northwest Institute for Public Health Preparedness. Topic to be discussed: Bioterrorism and emergency public health preparedness: September 9-13, For more information, http://nwcphp.org/niphp
Need a Fast and Reliable Solution for THC Detox?
These THC Detox kits are equally effective. Each is targeted at a different time frame