PACIFIC PUBLIC HEALTH TRAINING CENTER NEWS – JANUARY 2018
Happy New Year from PPHTCLISTSERV Administration
In this Issue:
1. CalOSHA Courses
2. UCR Extension Courses
3. Smallpox preparedness rebroadcast; January 9, 2018; 1:00 -2:00 PM ET
4. Prevent Child Abuse Orange County Conference; March 13, 14, 2018
5. Interactive program on prevention of Smallpox
6. Smallpox Vaccination and Adverse Events Training Module
7. Cancer chemotherapy competency course . January 21, 2018 or June 11, 2018
8. Find or list distance accessible courses
1. CalOSHA Courses: A 2-day comprehensive California OSHA Safety Course entitled Essentials of Safety I-CalOSHA is scheduled in different locations. American Safety Training, Inc. provides the flexibility to attend the 30 hr program in 4 consecutive days or in 2-Day intervals at different course locations nationwide. CEU Credits apply for 14 hours for 2-Day and 30 hours for 4-Day. Dates and locations are listed below:
Los Angeles, CA – Jan. 6-7; Feb. 6-7
San Diego, CA – Jan. 9-10; Feb 27-28
Orange County, Ca – Jan. 13-14; Feb 10-11
Fresno, CA – Jan. 16-17
Sacramento, CA – Jan. 23-24
Oakland, CA – Jan. 27-28
San Jose, CA – Jan. 30-31
Long Beach, CA – Feb 3-4
For more information and to register visit http://www.trainosha.com/newtrainmonthrequest.asp or www.trainosha.com
2. UCR Extension Classes: The University of California, Riverside Extension offers continuing education courses. Current course listings include:
a. Safety Hazards in the Occupational Environment: Recognition and Prevention, UCR Extension, Natural Sciences Dept. January 6-March 24, 2018 Mondays, 6 to 9 p.m., Fee: $355
b. February 8, 2018: Electrical Safety: OSHA Compliance Workshop, UCR Extension, Natural Sciences Dept., Riverside, California. Saturday, 8 a.m. to noon. Fee: $65.
c. February 7, 2018 Recordkeeping: OSHA Compliance Workshop, UCR Extension, Natural Sciences Dept., Riverside, California. Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fee: $95. For more information and to register Contact: (909) 788-5804, e-mail email@example.com , or Web site www.UCRExtension.net
3. Smallpox Preparedness: Considerations for Response Team Volunteers (Rebroadcast of originally aired December 20, 2002 broadcast). The Rebroadcast scheduled for January 9, 2018; 1:00 -2:00 PM ET; The goal is to prepare potential smallpox response team volunteers to make an informed decision about vaccination. To register visit http://www.phppo.cdc.gov/phtnonline.
4. 15th Annual Prevent Child Abuse Orange County Conference; March 13, 14, 2018 from 8:30-4:30 at Doubletree Hotel in the City of Orange, Orange County. The theme for this conference is Partnering for Children and Families. Workshop Topics include Domestic Violence, Teaching Parenting Skills, Injury Prevention, Attention Deficit
Disorder, Memory and Memory Distortion in Child Abuse Cases, and more. For more information and to register go to www.PCAOC.org.
5. Interactive program to train clinicians on the recognition, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of smallpox; CME, CNE, CHES, and CEU credit available. For more information visit
6. Smallpox Vaccination and Adverse Events Training Module. For more information,
7. CANCER CHEMOTHERAPY COMPETENCY. This one-day class is designed to prepare the professional oncology nurse to administer chemotherapy. The guidelines presented in this class are based on LLUMC specific protocols. The program will offer both lecture and hands-on experience. January 21, 2018 or June 11, 2018; Time: 0800 – 1700 CE: 8.0 contact hours (BRN) applicable. For more information and to register visit
Need a Fast and Reliable Solution for THC Detox?
These THC Detox kits are equally effective. Each is targeted at a different time frame